Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mon September 10, 2007 - Day 68

Greetings from the trail,

It was strange to wake up this morning at my grandparents' place and know that I was actually still on the trail. There was no need to get a ride anywhere, this is where I'd walked to. I set off bright and early following Dewdney Trunk Road to the west.

After a short distance the trail passed the landfill and went down to the Stave Lake dam. I crossed the dam with no major incidents and continued on my way. The road continued with a slightly narrow shoulder, but not too much traffic all the way to Maple Ridge.

I planned to catch the West Coast Express train back to Mission from the Port Haney station. However, when I reached the station, I still had almost two hours to wait for the first train. I decided to press on to the Pitt Meadows station instead.

After climbing back up to the Lougheed Highway and following beside it for another couple hours I reached the train station. As it turns out, my timing was excellent, as the "TrainBus" was just arriving as I purchased my ticket. The bus took me right back to Mission where my grandpa picked me up and took me home.

My shoulders are killing me tonight. The long walk today compounded their problems and has made me incredibly sore tonight. I really shouldn't have gone for that tube ride, but I imagine they'll feel better tomorrow.

See you on the trail,

Joshua Ganes

No comments: